Designed for the Future
Built and designed for future communications needs, the MTS4 supports TETRA Enhanced Data Services (TEDS) - the platform for secure mission critical high speed data services. Providing support for E1 and IP-over-Ethernet, the MTS4 enables operators to utilize the most efficient and cost effective transmission networking technologies available today and in the future.
Flexible Capacity and Coverage
The compact MTS4 is a high-performance base station with state of the art capacity and coverage enhancing capabilities:
• C-SCCH – additional control channels on the main carrier, quadrupling existing capacity.
• Best-in-class transmitter output power and receiver sensitivity, together with various diversity options, enabling a reduction in the number of sites required to achieve a given level of coverage, and increased data performance and enhanced audio quality.
• The flexibility of connecting up to 8 BR’s to just one Rx/Tx antenna, easing implementation costs and reducing cycle time.
Optimised Total Cost of Ownership
The running costs of base station sites typically account for a significant portion of the total cost of ownership of any TETRA network. MTS4 base stations are specifically designed with advanced features that help to minimise operational expenditures. Such features enable:
• Better power consumption through use of high-efficiency processing and amplification platforms – delivering significant operational cost savings over the network’s lifetime.
• Reduced transmission costs – native support using IP-over-Ethernet capability means that the MTS4 can enable up to 70% savings compared with non-IP based transmission.
• Reduced battery capacity requirement and low heat dissipation due to excellent power efficiency. With a strong integrated battery charger, power supply costs are kept to an absolute minimum.
Reliable and Easy to Maintain
The MTS4 offers supreme reliability plus flexible access for easy servicing. Key features include:
• Two E1 or Ethernet interfaces can be provided with the MTS4 to facilitate implementing link redundancy using ring configurations. Redundant E1 and Ethernet ports can be activated in the event of link failure, ensuring continuous connectivity.
• Local Site Trunking – in the event of site link failure, the base station is able to operate independent of the mobile switching office, maintaining secure talkgroup communications throughout.
• Non-GPS operation – supports operation in the absence of a GPS signal, ideally suited to underground applications.
• Full redundancy of site controller and base radio subsystems including support for automatic Main Control Channel switching.
Totally Secure…Day and Night
With the MTS4, there is no need to worry about theft or vandalism. The basestation equipment includes the latest security features for total peace of mind:
• External alarm interface supports 15 alarm inputs and 2 external control outputs.
• The MTS4L supports site link encryption in release 8.1, and air interface encryption with TEA1, TEA2 and TEA3.
|Band/Frequency||350 - 430 MHz, 380- 470 MHz|
|High power output||10-25-40 W|
|Dimensions||1430 x 550 x 570 mm|
|Weight, Radio + Standard Battery||408 kg|
|Power Supply (Nominal)||48 V|
Are you interested in our offer?
Why not get in touch?